Global Eco Village Workshop
EcoEarth Alliance: Outreach and Funding Action Plan
Objective: Develop an action plan for partnership growth and funding for the EcoEarth Alliance (ECA) to implement its sustainable development model.
Accountable Person: Liora Adler
Members of ECA – ERI, GEN, GEN/SEN, SV, RTE, IISF, Millennium Village (UK)
i. Identified the various income streams
1. special projects
2. other initiatives
3. inter-governmental sponsors
5. Training and Consultation classes
7. Sales and E-Commerce
8. Membership / Stakeholders Personal Investment Fund
b. Member organizations
9. Profitable spin-offs in which we have shares
Actions to be Taken
1. Meet: Thursday, 8pm meeting at GEN house; September 2 summit presentation
2. Ongoing contact via e-mails and conference calls Timeline: ongoing
3. Go over the contacts developed for potential funding sources for GEN Senegal with Marion
4. Define which are phase one projects, in addition to GEN Senegal. Such as tree planting campaign – Food and Trees for Africa
a. Invite Nick and Paul Coleman to the Thursday meeting
b. Make an action plan for the GEN Senegal program – defining what the alliance will concretely do for GEN Senegal for a year.
5. Cultivating partners already identified and finding new potential partners, as well as developing the process for selecting partners. Timeline: Identified at upcoming meeting
a. Ford, Global Greens, GVE Partnership, SARD, GEF Small Grants, USAID, European Union, Equator Initiative, Joan Walley, John Turner, Heinrich Boell, Winrock, Rockefeller, IFAD, Jose Maria Figueroa (ex president of Costa Rica), Community Kraal, Earth Council, Earth Stewards, Green Belt Movement, World Bank, World Bank Institute (educational and outreach arm), Turner Foundation, ILO Community Development, Sierra Club
6. Research into a and b Timeline: Identified at upcoming meeting
Designate who will be writing the proposal and invitation letter Timeline: Thursday meeting
a. Presentation for alliance at the summit;
How Will We Know We Have Succeeded?
Current Status: This proposal has been agreed and finalised and has received some funding support.